Smartphone adoption is growing in leaps and bounds. Throughout the United and States and Europe we are seeing mobile technology utilized in trade show exhibits. Most attendees are now using IPhones, Android phones, Blackberrys and Nokia Smart phones.
1. QR Code technology: Allows the attendee to scan information on your booth or products to gain deeper information about your offering. This allows them to share information and allows you to track the engagement.
2. Proximity marketing: Most smart phones are enabled with Bluetooth and GPS. Utilize the technology to engage in a conversation when they enter your exhibit space. A signal will trigger an alert on their phone asking for permission for you to exchange information. This type of marketing varies in the United States and Europe.
3. Text messaging campaigns: Over the past few years, marketers have worked very hard to collect email addresses, now it is important to start collecting cell phone numbers and have permission to text attendees, customers and prospects.
4. Short web URLs: Since most attendees have smart phones it is important to utilize short URLs on graphics. This allows easy input onto smart phone browsers.
5. Mobile Friendly: Are your communications mobile friendly? If you are using the technologies listed above, it is important to develop smartphone friendly communications.
– If you send a trade show related email, make sure all links go to mobile friendly landing pages.
– All videos and images should be optimized for smartphone viewing.
– Test everything before implementing and make sure the convention center has proper cell/wi-fi coverage.
Make the most out of your trade show investment. Condit will be happy to help you implement the technology necessary into your exhibit to better enhance your lead generation and attendee experience.
Greg Olson: Sr. Account Executive & Digital Strategist
Follow on Twitter: @digitalolson